Hi I'm Shannon
I have always loved listening to influential speakers. I am currently hooked on Lewis Howes “School of Greatness” podcast. He interviews a wide variety of talented people and at the end of each podcast he asks them 3 “final” questions which inspired me to answer his questions for you.
If at the end of my life I could leave nothing but a piece of paper with three truths what would I share:
- Life is a gift, the joys, the struggles the pain and the love. Be truly grateful for each moment of your life, even the really shitty moments as they build and shape you. Be grateful for the people your life the ones who lift you up. Acknowledge them for the impact they have in your life. Its okay to feel pain and sorrow, they are natural human emotions but do not live there. Adversity adds character. The joy is in the journey, navigating your way through the hard times make enjoying the good times bittersweet. Celebrate today because you are loved and valued and so important!
- If you love what you do you will never have to work a day in your life! Growing up my dad repeatedly asked me what I want to be when I grow up. Like most children I started of with answers like a Doctor or a Teacher. It wasn’t until a few years ago still unsure of what path to take, he asked again “what do you want to be when you grow up” I proudly replied “Happy”. I stumbled into my career as a photographer, I didn’t know at first that I would build a career, become an entrepreneur and LOVE my job at first. It wasn’t until I began shooting weddings that I had that “A ha” moment I had found my passion and It made me truly happy!
- Servitude!! Giving your time, energy and your gifts to others is what living a truly fulfilling life is all about. Be the light in someone else’s day, do a random act of kindness every once in a while and eventually every day. Do things because you know it will matter to someone else. I learned this lesson from my mother before she passed away. “You never know what is happening in someones life, but by one small act of kindness you can be the thing that turns their day around”. We need this now in our society more than ever, with all of the hate happening right now in the world, it really does take only one person to change the world, one person at a time who chooses to love over hate who chooses to give and spread love.
What is my Definition of Greatness
I believe that greatness lies in service and love. The ability to love others, to forgive easily and to give to those who need.
Who Do I admire most
My dad!! He taught me to never give up, to hustle for the things I want. He taught me to follow my dreams even if its hard. He taught me not to complain (Nay Whinners) That family matters most. And your never to old to learn new things.
Where do I find inspiration
- Definitely through travel I have a long list of places that I would love to see including more of Canada, and going back to the streets my mom & dad grew up on in Scotland.
- Movies – I am secretly in love with musicals. I have watched Pitch Perfect, Grease & Newsies too many times to say out loud. I sometimes Burst into random songs, I get that from my Mom.
Fun Facts About me
I LOVE HUGS!!
I love craft beer and my Husband is opening a microbrewery this year in Haldimand County
I have a bucket list of places I want to shoot weddings, One of them is the Isle of Skye in Scotland. I will be there this November. If your thinking of eloping and want it captured.. Its on me!!
My dog Mika, she’s a Husky/Lab cross is my best bud. (Sorry Jeff)
I happy cry a lot!! Motivational speeches, Heartfelt and personal wedding vows, and the odd speech at a wedding all make me tear up. I have been told its because I have big emotions, I am very open and love quickly.